Recently(or at least recently enough) I wrote a poem that I would like to share. Here It is.
The Girl inside.
She looks in the mirror
She sees what she sees
She despises the figure inside
No make-up can cover up there
She's out of hope
She just can not cope with the
Girl inside of her
It seems a case that's lost
She's thought of as mature
A woman in all her rights
On the outside she seems secure
But on the inside she's falling apart
The self- control on the outside
Was a shadow a lie
On the inside she dreamed
thought of forbidden things
She played with the fire
She stood on the edge
She knew she could fall
But she just did not care
She based all of her dreams
She based all forgiveness
On that night where she
Prayed a prescribed prayer
Now she's found
That she is still lost
Her hopes have been smashed to dust
And what's worst she's lost that hope
She thought for a minute
She caught a glimpse of forgiveness
Now it's smashed in the road
She can never get it back she thinks
How could that hope
Forgive her, love her still
She waits for it to desert her
She waits for it to find out who she is
Yet that hope gently whispers
I Am that I Am
I Am your hope your forgiveness
Come to me and find rest
I know who you are
I died for such as you
I know your shame, your pain
And I am here to make you new
She longs for that hope
A hope in something bigger than herself
While all the world is slipping
This thing remains the same
She tries again
This time she tries the truth
She knows that now nothing
Can take away this hope
She still struggles
With her Mind, Body, Soul
That girl inside
Isn't leaving without a fight
But because of that hope
She knows she can try
That hope is by her side
It will never let go
Sometimes she fears that she's on the edge
Of slipping back into despair
That that hope will not put up with her
All her slips and her falls
She's on her knees
She feels she's not yet free
She's crying out
Crying for mercy and peace
It's times like that she remembers
That this hope will never leave
It was for her and others of like
That this hope is there
When she looks inside the mirror
She no longer hates what she sees
She knows that the girl inside
Is no match for this hope
In this poem, the Girl inside stands for our sin nature and the hope stands for God and Jesus Christ and the gift of redemption.
Thank you for reading
Esther
No comments:
Post a Comment