Sunday, January 17, 2010

Isaiah6-Missions to China


Ever since I was little I always wanted to be a missionary to China. My Favorite verse was in Isaiah chapter 6, "Than I heard the voice of the Lord saing, whom shall I send and whom will go for me? Than I said Here I am, send me." My favorite figures of the past were Clara Barton,Hudson Taylor, and Gladys Aylward.

Missions in China:
Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,”
There have been missions in China since as early as the third century. It began to take root in the Qing dynasty and has remained a minority religion ever since. The missionary activity increased even further in 1842 after the first Opium War. In the 19th and 20th centuries, Christians played a major part in the westernization of China. Christians established the first modern hospitals and clinics in China. The most recent studies have suggested that there are roughly 54 million Christians in China, of which 39 million are Protestants and 14 million are Roman Catholics. If you would like to read more on early Christian development in China, go to this source (which I use a lot), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_China#Development. Persecution in China has not stopped and many Christians are beaten, stoned, imprisoned, and even killed for sharing their faith. Religion in China is officially Atheist. Daoist (Taoist), Buddhist, Muslim, 1%-2%, Christianity 3%-4%. Programs helping those persecuted in China and other countries for sharing their faith have been set up. If you would like to learn more, go to http://www.persecution.net/china.htm God Bless, Esther.

No comments:

Post a Comment